- MeetingsPlan A Business Meeting
- WeddingsPlan Your Dream Wedding
- Special EventsPlan An EventEnd of tab panel
Samantha Brown’s Sure-Fire Tips for a Great Family Getaway
As a travel guru and new mom, Samantha Brown has the firsthand know-how and expertise to help your family plan a great vacation for this summer and beyond. Click here for some of her sure-fire tips for making the trip go as smoothly as possible.
Vacations aren’t only about fun and relaxation! They can also be a learning experience for the entire family – from museums to cultural destinations to historical landmarks. Check out Samantha’s top three tips on how to turn vacations into learning moments for the whole family. And click here for even more tips and tricks on working educational experiences into your next family getaway.
- Map it out. Help kids learn map reading skills by planning ahead for the places you want to visit and figuring out the best route (public transportation or walking) to get there. Many destinations involve transferring to more than one form of public transportation, so it can become a fun problem-solving exercise.
- Take a trip abroad without leaving the States. Some cities have entire countries within them, so find out where the great neighborhoods are – the Chinatowns, Germantowns and Little Italys – and sample snacks and beverages you’ve never tasted.
- Head to the top! The tallest building in the city usually offers a top-floor observatory to give kids a thrilling birds-eye view of the city from above. The lines for the tallest building may be long, so visit the second tallest building with an observatory and get an exhilarating view with less wait time.